Monday, July 11, 2011

Update/Mini Mythology Challenge

Hi Everyone,
Okay first an update on my read a thon. Today I finished one of my books. I finished A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. It was strange at parts but overall had good points to it and had somewhat of a good story. There will be a review of it some time later. Now I only have 2 books to go.

Mini Mythology Challenge
Bailey over at her blog posted this challenge. =]

What is your favorite type of myth (Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc)?

My favorite type of myth is Greek myth? I love especially how the gods became gods. Most of them were born from Kronos and Rhea. Now Kronos didn't want them to over throw him so he ate all his children except in place of Zeus he ate a rock. And then later Zeus of course over threw him. Athena was born from Zeus's mind. etc... etc.. I could go on. As you can tell I really like Greek Myth. Which leads into the next question.

What is your favorite book with some type of mythology in it?

Of course you just know that everyone is going to say the Percy Jackson series. And of course so am I. =] I learned about this series when I saw the trailer for the movie. I was so excited that it was based on books that I went and looked them up right away and bought them. When I read the first one I thought it was so fantastic and had so much Greek Myth in it that it was one of the best books I have ever read. If you haven't read this series you definitely have to check it out. I am still on the fifth book in this series and can't wait to read it. I also can't wait to break off into Riordan's other books about mythology like the Kane Chronicles. =]

Until next time,

Happy Read A Thon. =]
And don't forget to follow my blog. Just click the follow button. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment