Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Update/Birthday/Harry Potter

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon



Hi guys,
I just want to do a random blog today with a bunch of random stuff and musings in it that I want to talk about lol.

Okay first up is my Once Upon a Read a Thon Update. Right now I am on my second book The Giver by Lois Lowry. Surprisingly it is really good. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. I am about halfway through it and plan on finishing it today I hope. =]

Also just wanted to let you know that today is my birthday, so if you want to send me a B-day message in the comments you can. lol. =] I turned 20 today. I can't believe my teen years are over already. I have to work today so don't know if it will be the best birthday today but I will celebrate later in the week.



Which brings me to my next topic, Harry Potter. I am getting so excited for the movie which comes out this Friday. I am going to my local drive-in to see it. Where they are playing the first part at around 9. Then at midnight are playing part 2. I grew up with Harry Potter. My mom used to read the books to me and my brother when we were little. When the movies came out that made Harry Potter even better. When it all ends I am going to be sad and don't want it to end. It will always live forever in the books. I plan on doing a re-read of all the books probably in a row after it ends to remember all the awesomeness the books gave to the world.

This day marks another year for me and another day closer to the end of Harry Potter. I grew up with these characters. I am both excited and sad that the end is so near. Anyway I guess it will lead to a new chapter in my life and there will always be something more and just as fantastic as Harry Potter out there in the future. =]

Til next time readers,

Happy Reading. =]

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I agree with being sad about Harry Potter ending in the way it is. If it wasn't for these books I wouldn't be the reader that I'm today. I think I will do a re-read once I can get the books on my nook from pottermore.com I guess in a way that will keep it alive.

    ReplyDelete