Sunday, July 10, 2011

Review #11: The Capture (Guardians of Ga'Hoole Series #1) by Kathryn Lasky


Synopsis:
After Soren, a young owlet, is pushed from his family's nest by his older brother, he's plucked from the forest floor by agents from a mysterious school, the St. Aegolius Academy for Orphaned Owls. When Soren arrives at St. Aggie's, he suspects there is more to the school than meets the eye. He and his new friend, the clever and scrappy Gylfie, find out that St. Aggie's is actually a training camp where the school's leader can groom young owls to help achieve her goal--to rule the entire owl kingdom.
In the first book in this series, the reader follows the adventures of Soren and Gylfie as they subvert the attempted brainwashing that takes place at St. Aggie's.

Hello Everyone,
I decided to read this book because I wanted to watch the movie and so I had to read the book before I watched the movie. Both the book and the movie was awesome.
This book has such a good plot and teaches you how friendships can form through tough times and that any one can learn how to fly if you just believe. Kathryn Lasky is such a good writer and story teller. She knows and must have researched so much about owls. This book was very knowledgable and I learned a lot about owls. Like did you know hows have gizzards and thats what helps digest their food. I really loved this book. Soren was thrown into a situation that he couldn't even imagine was happening to him. He meets Glyfie a spunky little elf owl that becomes his friend. Soren is quiet but eventually becomes confident through out the book and Glyfie helps him do that.
This story was such a great opener to this series and I can't wait to read the next books. Soren and Glyfie make you want to go on the adventure with them. I am excited to see what happens to them.
The movie was different from the book, but was still a good movie. I don't know if the movie had more than just the first book in it but I guess I will find out when I read the other books. The story in the movie was awesome and had a ton of action. If you want to read the book and watch the movie I definately recommend that you go and check them out. Overall I give both 5 out of 5 stars. You definitely won't be disappointed. An awesome light read. =]

Til next time,

Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment