Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil



For those of you who don't know "Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose is to let others know which book you are anticipating and can't wait till it comes out to read it.


3:59
3:59 by Gretchen McNeil
Hardcover, 400 pages
Expected publication: September 17th 2013 by Balzer & Bray


add to goodreads

Synopsis:
 
Josie Byrne's life is spiraling out of control. Her parents are divorcing, her boyfriend Nick has grown distant, and her physics teacher has it in for her. When she's betrayed by the two people she trusts most, Josie thinks things can't get worse.

Until she starts having dreams about a girl named Jo. Every night at the same time—3:59 a.m.

Jo's life is everything Josie wants: she's popular, her parents are happily married, and Nick adores her. It all seems real, but they're just dreams, right? Josie thinks so, until she wakes one night to a shadowy image of herself in the bedroom mirror – Jo.

Josie and Jo realize that they are doppelgängers living in parallel universes that overlap every twelve hours at exactly 3:59. Fascinated by Jo's perfect world, Josie jumps at the chance to jump through the portal and switch places for a day.

But Jo’s world is far from perfect. Not only is Nick not Jo's boyfriend, he hates her. Jo's mom is missing, possibly insane. And at night, shadowy creatures feed on human flesh.

By the end of the day, Josie is desperate to return to her own life. But there’s a problem: Jo has sealed the portal, trapping Josie in this dangerous world. Can she figure out a way home before it’s too late?

From master of suspense Gretchen McNeil comes a riveting and deliciously eerie story about the lives we wish we had – and how they just might kill you.



Why I am Waiting:
I am a big fan Gretchen McNeil. I loved Ten by her, which came out last year. She is such a good suspense writer. I still need to read Possess also by her. I can't wait to dive into this one when it comes out this September. =]


Link me up to your WoW picks in the comments this week. =]


Thanks for Visiting



and



Happy Reading. =]



-Michael

6 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Sounds intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this a few weeks ago, and it look amazing! It's such an interesting concept too.

    My "Waiting On" Wednesday
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also super excited about this novel! I like the simplicity of the cover and can't wait to read another one of McNeil's books! Great pick =D

    MY Wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely sounds interesting and that I would like. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for this one either! I loved Ten so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this one too.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete