Thursday, March 7, 2013

Review: Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Infinite Days
Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
Paperback, Reissue, 336 pages
Published 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin
***Received this Book from the Publisher for a fair and honest review.
(Thank You St. Martin's Griffin for the Book.)
Synopsis:
"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode.

But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.

I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...
 
My Thoughts/Review:
 
 This book wasn't exactly what I thought it would be. I received it for a fair and honest review from the publisher and was really looking forward to reading it. I really liked the story overall but I thought it would go in a different direction and was about something completely different. The story is about a 500 year old vampire queen and what happens to her after she is turned back into a human. Since it involved vampires I was on board and was hoping it would be an action packed book. That isn't really what I wanted or got from the book at all.

In my honest opinion, it was somewhat boring in certain parts. I wanted things to happen and nothing really happened. I think it is because this book focuses more on a romantic contemporary feel and I am not a big fan of romance or contemporary. I think anyone that loves romance and contemporary styles of writing will love this book.

I thought it would focus more on her being a vampire queen and not so much on the love that she felt for Justin. There could have been a more happy medium between Lenah's emotions and her Vampire past, when there really wasn't. I wanted there to be more conflict and more characters involved. You only really got depth from a few of the main characters. All of the background characters were really flat and just there to fill space.

The story takes place in Lenah's voice and even though she was a vampire queen she wasn't that interesting of a character. I mean she is a vampire queen, I thought she would be way more badass. This story focuses more on the human aspect of life and I read my books to escape everyday life. I don't really want to read about a vampire (which I think would be very cool to be, even though in this story they consider themselves to be very evil) who is turned back into a human and all she talks about are her feelings, emotions and worry about her life.

The author is a good writer but not much happens in this book. Lenah, as a human, goes back to high school at a boarding school and for the first half of the book nothing but normal everyday human things happen. Like I said early, I was expecting something different and a bit more paranormal. There were some flashbacks back to Lenah's life as a vampire, which was really the only exciting parts in the beginning, and it still wasn't very paranormal, like I wanted it to be.

There are some elements of this book that I did really like. It does have a really good storyline where you feel for Lenah and what she has to go through and all her changing emotions. I really loved learning about her past as a vampire. There could be a whole prequel about it that I would really love to learn more about. I really can't wait to see what happens in the next book with Lenah and the people she loves.

I know that some people would really love this book, I just liked it, I didn't love it. I really think that it could have been way more better. It could have had so much depth and many more elements involved. The ending was very good with a small twist that I wasn't expecting at all. I will continue the story with the second book. I really hope it has more of the elements that I really love in my stories. If you have read the synopsis and are a fan of romance and contemporary I really suggest you give this book a try because I think you would really like it. =]

Overall, I give this book:
 
"A Romantic Contemporary with an interesting story about a vampire and her love."=]
3 out of 5 Stars
 
Link to Check it Out:
add to goodreads
 
 
 
 
Thanks for Visiting
 
and
 
Happy Reading. =]
 
 
-Michael

1 comment:

  1. A vampire turned into a human :) I would like to read about that.
    It sounds like a good book. I´m sorry it didn´t live up to your expectations.

    Great review

    RUTY@Reading...Dreaming


    ReplyDelete