Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo


For those of you who don't know "Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose is to let others know which book you are anticipating and can't wait til it comes out to read it.

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy, #1)

Synopsis:

Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha…and the secrets of her heart.

Why I am Waiting?

I know this book came out yesterday but with my TBR list being so long I am still waiting for this one. I have heard so many great things about this book. I can't wait to read it. I just posted the book trailer last thursday and the synopsis and trailer makes me want to read this one even more. Really can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Let me know what you are waiting for this wednesday. =]

Thanks for visiting and Happy Reading. 

-Michael 

12 comments:

  1. I just read a review that someone did on this and it made me want to read this one! So this is a def win in my book! Good pick :)

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday :)
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick! I can't wait to read this either. It sounds so good.

    My WoW
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been checking out bookstores obsessively since yesterday because I want a copy of this so I can read ASAP! Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pick! I'm really excited to read this, I'm meeting Leigh Bardugo tomorrow on a tour and am going to pick it up then - I hope you get to read it soon!

    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard only great things about this one. My WoW.

    ~Roxanne @ Books and Blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing this one around a lot lately! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick! I've had my eyes on this one for a while now . . . curious to see what the first reviews are like.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard many good things about this one. I'm really excited to read it :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pick sounds very exciting, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick. I've heard amazing things about this one!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I've been pining for this for weeks or eve months now and I can finally order it now - so excited to get started on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I finished reading this a few weeks ago. The first part of the novel didn't blow me away. I guess it's so hyped up I was expecting a lot more. I hung in there, though, and it got a lot better after the battle scene. That's about 20% of the way in, I think.

    ReplyDelete