Saturday, June 2, 2012

Review: I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Nine’s Legacy by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Nine's Legacy (Lorien Legacies, #2.5)
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Publication date: 2/28/2012
Format: eBook
Pages: 144

Synopsis:

Number Nine—when John frees him from his cell in the power of six, he’s ferocious, reckless, and ready to fight back. But being held captive changes a person—even a Lorien. See what Nine was like before his capture, and read about his dramatic escape from his point of view.

In I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Nine’s Legacy, discover the story behind Nine. Before meeting John Smith, aka Number Four, before being held prisoner, Nine was hunting down Mogadorians in Chicago with his CÊpan, Sandor. What happened there would change Nine forever...

My Thoughts/Review:

I really love these in between books for this series. Authors should really learn to write these short stories more often. I love learning much more details about the characters and the whole series as a whole then if I didn't read these short in between books. This story gives you so much more detail about each member of the Garde then you would get from just reading the book.

Number Nine's story is really interesting and getting to know him as a character was awesome. You get to learn exactly how he ended up in the situation he was in with the previous book and it sets up the next book really nicely, which I now can't wait to read You learn all about his journey from when they landed on earth and what they have been doing all this time. The story of how he got his legacies is another reason why you should read this book. It would be awesome to have the Garde's legacies in real life.

His cepan, Sandor was really interesting as well and I loved learning about both of their backgrounds and how they stayed hidden for many years. Also, I really like how Number Nine aka Stanley is really different from the other members of the Garde and how he changes over time, given what has happened to him. It really gives more depth to his character than what was shown in The Power of Six. All of the details that make this whole series so awesome you never would find out unless you read these short stories. That is why I love them so much. If you haven't read both the two in between books yet you definitely should because they are really informative with plently of backstory. Go read them now, they are both really awesome.



Overall, I give this book:
Awesome read, jam-packed with detail that you just can't miss. =]
5 out of 5 Stars

Links to Check it Out:




Thanks for Visiting and Happy Reading. =]
-Michael

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I borrowed I AM NUMBER FOUR from the library and am eager to start it for the holidays, and I'm glad you liked the series enough to check this one out!

    Nicole @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should like I am Number Four. Also you should totally read the middle short stories it brings a different side to the characters and much more details to the story. =]

      Delete