Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: A Million Suns by Beth Revis



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two(2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT paricipants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers. =]
A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group
Publication date: 1/10/2012
Pages: 400

Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos. It’s been three months. In that time, Amy has learned to hide who she is. Elder is trying to be the leader he’s always wanted to be. But as the ship gets more and more out of control, only one thing is certain: They have to get off the ship.

Here is my Teasers this week:

“People are, at their heart, constantly moving toward a state of entropy. We're all spiraling out of control.”
Beth Revis, A Million Suns

“I look up. And I am surrounded by the universe.

silence

and stars

A million suns stretch out beyond me, their light piercing the darkness.”
Beth Revis, A Million Suns

“Emotion courses through my veins, choking me. I feel so insignificant, a tiny speck surrounded by a million stars.

A million suns.”
Beth Revis, A Million Suns

Don't forget to join in on my celebration of my 1 Year Blogoversary and go enter my Book Depository Giveaway Here. =]

Thanks for Visiting

and

Happy Reading. =]

-Michael

10 comments:

  1. Wow. Great teasers. Sounds like this is a book with lots of action.
    My teaser is from Never Trust a Pretty Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I still have to read the first book. I need to get on the ball.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amy & Elder! So weird to think what life would be like if you lived on a spaceship!
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second teaser is so beautiful! I'd love to be surrounded by stars! And the cover is great! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower! ;)
    My Teaser 
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teasers!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teasers. I have this one on my massive TBR mountain but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I must be on a "dark" kick this week. My teasers are from Dark Companion by Marta Acosta and Darkness All Around by Doug Magee. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow love the teasers! Haven't gotten a chance to read this yet though

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I can't comment on your funny Teaser. You should definitely read A Million Suns soon.

      Delete
  8. I just got Across The Universe a week or two ago and I can't wait to read both that one and this one! Here's my TT!

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday_26.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. i loved this book
    i can't wait for shades of earth

    ReplyDelete