Friday, June 29, 2012

Review: Hana by Lauren Oliver

Hana (Delirium, #1.5)
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Publication date: 2/28/2012
Format: eBook
Pages: 64
Synopsis:
Lauren Oliver's riveting, original digital story set in the world of her New York Times bestseller Delirium.

The summer before they're supposed to be cured of the ability to love, best friends Lena and Hana begin to drift apart. While Lena shies away from underground music and parties with boys, Hana jumps at her last chance to experience the forbidden. For her, the summer is full of wild music, dancing—and even her first kiss.

But on the surface, Hana must be a model of perfect behavior. She meets her approved match, Fred Hargrove, and glimpses the safe, comfortable life she’ll have with him once they marry. As the date for her cure draws ever closer, Hana desperately misses Lena, wonders how it feels to truly be in love, and is simultaneously terrified of rebelling and of falling into line.

In this digital story that will appeal to fans of Delirium and welcome new admirers to its world, readers will come to understand scenes from Delirium through Hana's perspective. Hana is a touching and revealing look at a life-changing and tumultuous summer.
My Thoughts/Review:
This was a really awesome short story. I really loved getting more of a perspective on Hana. I thought her character in Delirium was awesome and we didn't get to see enough of her.

This story goes back and focuses on the aspects of Hana's life and what she goes through.
Now after reading this story, I learned exactly what happened with Hana and how she felt through her part of the story. You really get to know her feelings and thoughts about everthing that happened in Delirium.

The story shows what happens to Hana when she is influenced by love. It also shows exactly what happened to Hana at the party where things went south. I really loved how this story ended, it really got me excited to read the next book.

I also loved the sort of cliffhanger at the end which I am guessing leads into some of the details in Pandemonium. It is really a thought provoking ending which makes you want to find out what will happen in the sequel. I really can not wait to read the next book. If you get a chance I completely suggest reading this 1.5 middle book. I really loved the incite into Hana's life. If you loved Delirium this short story is definitley worth the read and gives you an awesome incite and a different perspective to the story.


Overall, I give this book:


Awesome short story, with a different perspective and incite to Hana. =]
5 out of 5 Stars

Links to Check it Out:




 Don't forget to join in on my celebration of my 1 Year Blogoversary and go enter my Book Depository Giveaway Here. =]

Thanks for Visiting and Happy Reading. =]
-Michael

3 comments:

  1. hoping to read these books soon
    gr8 review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to read this one! Out of all the books I've ever read, Hana is one of my favorite "best friend" characters. I'm excited to see more of the story from her perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this one! Hana is probably one of my favorite YA best friends, so it'd be cool to see her POV.

    ReplyDelete