Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Someone Who Doesn't Read YA/Dystopian




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They  love to share lists.

Click the Links to Add to your Goodreads. =]

1)  by Veronica Roth
This one is so awesome. It literally blew my mind in 2011. Can't wait for Insurgent to come out. Can't wait to find out what happens. This book has everything I would want in a book and more.

2) by Beth Revis
This book grabs you from the first chapter. It is so unique and Revis has such awesome writing skills. Also can't wait and find out what happens. A Millions Suns just came out last week. =]

3) by Marissa Meyer
Another great interesting read which is totally unique. I love the direction of how the chronicles are going. You need to read this one. It just came out Jan. 3rd. Also will blow your mind from uniqueness plus its a fairytale retelling. Sort of.

4) by Pittacus Lore
Aliens with awsome spectacular powers fighting other evil aliens, you wouldn't love that. Definitely my kind of book. Can't wait for the next installment.

5) by Julianna Baggott
I got this through NetGalley and I am reading it now. Such a greatly crafted dystopian. Everyone should read it and I think will like it. So unique.

6)The Giver by Lois Lowry
So glad I read this classic. Didn't think I would like it because of the creepy old man on the cover. Boy was I wrong. It is dystopian and so good and once again so unique. Definitely read this one if you haven't.

7)Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Loved this creepy weird series. So glad a book number is coming out. I really want to find out what happens. =] Don't let the creepyness factor throw you off, you need to read this one. =]

8) by Julie Cross
Her book comes out tomorrow, so excited for her. You guys definitely have to go out and check out her amazing book. Time Travel is awesome. Can't wait for the rest of the series.

9) by Cinda Williams Chima
Really can't wait to read the rest of this series and Chima's other books. Really loved the premise and the magic of this book. Definitely read it if you haven't. =]

10) by Rick Riordan
I love anything to do with mythology and I am so happy the movie came out. If it didn't I don't know if I would have stumbled on to this awesome series. Mythology is awesome. Definitely read it if you haven't.

11)  by Suzanne Collins
Everyone should read this book. The movie is coming out soon and the premise of this series is so unique and awesome. You have to read this series. I won't take no for an answer.

Once again I added an eleventh to my list. Aww well more books for you guys to look into. Link me up to your lists in the comments.

Thanks for visiting and Happy Reading. =]

-Michael

30 comments:

  1. Great list. I love Divergent and a couple of others your included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I love Miss. Peregrine and The Hunger Games! I still need to read Divergent, that's sounds awful that I haven't gotten around to it yet. I must do that! I also need to get my hands on Across the Universe and Cinder!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I have a lot of these books on my TBR - like Divergent.

    Hapy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also did a dystopian list! I REALLY need to read I am Number Four and Cinder!!

    you can check out my top ten tuesday at my blog, WeNeedReads if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading Divergent ASAP. I even own it, I just have too many review books right now! Haha. Ditto to Across the Universe. :P LOVED Cinder and The Hunger Games! I would add Under the Never Sky and Incarnate to your list as well. I love dystopians!! What a wonderful list of books!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Divergent and The Hunger Games. All of the others are on my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I haven't had the best luck of dystopian books. But three of those books I have read and two of them I have on my shelf to be read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should really read Divergent! Great list :)

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list. I just started reading Divergent yesterday and so far it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a few books on this list which I've promised countless people that I'll get around to reading. Perhaps 2012 will be the year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Miss Peregrine's! Also I love that you added The Giver to your list, such a good book. Check out my top 10! http://bookstakeyouplaces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! Great choices. I still need to read Cinda Williams Chima's books. I should do that asap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dystopian! Such a great genre. So many fantastic books to recommend. This list is proof.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The only ones I don't have, on your list, are Pure and Tempest! But of the other 8 I've only read three so far. Great list! Thanks for visiting and leaving me a link. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some great books on this list! I really need to read The Giver; I've been meaning to for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just watched the movie "I Am Number Four" and now I want to read the books. Nice list. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for following!!
    I love The Giver...it's a powerful book and it's stuck with me ever since I first read it fifteen years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't usually read YA, so this list is great for me! I'm very curious about Miss Peregrine ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list!

    Dystopian is such a great genre, and it really seems to be the "it" thing right now.
    I just read Pure, and it's very powerful. So different from other dystopians.

    Laura @ The Traveling Owl

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great list. I love nearly all of those books, and am dying to read the rest.

    Here's mine: http://danicapage.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-13-top-ten-tuesday.html

    P.S. I can't wait for Insurgent.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great choices! I've read a lot of these, but others like Pure and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children I still have on my TBR list. Hope to get to those soon!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent list of titles. :) I still need to read several on your list like Across the Universe, The Warrior Heir, and Cinder. Haven't read much in the way of dystopian literature, but they're definitely worth checking out. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome list ;D I have read most, and have a few on my to read list :)
    Thank you for commenting on my top ten. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've read a few of these but there are many I still need to get to. Cinder is at the top of the list, and also Pure, and Miss Peregrine. Also agree with you about Divergent and Across the Universe. A Million Suns is even better!
    Thanks for all the awesome recs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love most of the ones you mentioned! Yeah for Hunger Games and Divergent especially! I haven't read The Warrior Heir, but I'll definitely check it out. Great choices!

    Jennifer
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-10-books-id.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Giver was totally my gateway dystopia back in elementary school--I've loved the genre ever since! I may be getting a little burnt out on it with the trends as of late, but there are so many great ones out there. Your non-dystopian YA suggestions were great too! Just picked up Cinder today, and I'm really looking forward to Tempest as well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great list! Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson books were such a fun read; I have yet to get around to the new series though. Thanks for dropping by my blog yesterday =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Giver was one of the first books I ever actually fell in love with! However - for some reason? I hadn't ever actually thought of it as Dystopian - probably because that word wasn't in my vocabulary way back when!!

    Divergent is a new one on my top ten of all time list!

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  29. I super loved Tempest - that was such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great list/topic! I've read 3 of 'em.. but actually own about half of them... haha.. I know I have to read Divergent.. and Miss Peregrine's.. both are sitting on my shelf.. (tho I didn't realize Miss Peregrine's was a dystopian! The cover makes me think it's a ghost story book.. lol)

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Michele | Just a Lil Lost

    ReplyDelete