Thursday, January 26, 2012
Interview with author Joel M Andre
Before we get started with the interview here is a little bit about the author, Joel M. Andre. =]
Inteview with author Joel M. Andre
1. What made you decide to be a writer and what was the inspiration for your books? I decided to become a writer as a child. I have always loved writing and felt that it was a great way for me to explore the worlds created in my mind. As far as inspiration from my books, I think I have pulled it from experiences in my life and just thoughts that seemed to come to me from nowhere.
2. What made you decide to write crime and horror fiction? My father always loved horror when I was growing up, so that is where that passion came from. In terms of crime fiction, you can’t have a serial killer without a detective chasing them, so they went hand in hand.
3. What is your favorite book/favorite genre to read? I love to read horror, but I will never say no to a good murder mystery. I don’t have a book that stands out as a clear favorite, although I am very particular to The Stand, The Witching Hour and The Complete Works of Poe.
4. What would you say to potential readers to get them to try and read your books? How do you market your books to readers? If someone tells me they are interested in one of my stories, I usually give them a free copy. To me, it is more important to get people to read, rather than to worry about how much money you are going to make.
5. If a reader doesn’t like reading about dark horror fiction, what is the one thing you would say to get them to change their minds? I would say, don’t sweat it. The beauty of the literary world is that there are titles out there that anyone can enjoy. Some people love horror, while others love romance. Someone’s taste is part of who they are and one should never try to swag someone’s preferences in order to try and get them to enjoy something they just don’t.
Here are some fun This or That questions (Which do you prefer?):