Monday, December 26, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Books I Read in 2011

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They  love to share lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see others top ten lists.

Divergent (Divergent #1)I hope all of you reading this had a good Christmas and Happy Holidays and you got all the books you wanted this year. It is so hard to come up with just 10, there were so many great books this year. Here is my attempt at only Ten of all of my favorite books I read in 2011. =]

1) by Veronica Roth
The writing and the story was awesome. Completely Unique and unlike nothing I have ever read. Pure awesomeness. Can't wait for book 2.

Science Fiction reimagined. Also Completely Unique. Awesome writing with great twists and turns. Also can't wait for book 2 in January. =]
3) by George R. R. Martin
This book caught me by surprise. It has been out for awhile and I only just learned of it this year because of the HBO show. Love the intricacy and plot twist and turns with amazing characters.
Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)4) by Chelsea Handler
Completely funny and hysterical every time. I love reading her books no mater what I know I will laugh out loud. Definitely a pick me up book. =]

5) by Jackson Pearce
Little Red Riding Hood + Werewolves. Count me in. I loved this retelling, awesome imaginative story. Can't wait to read Sweetly.

6) by Ransom Riggs
Loved the creepiness and budding you love in this unique weird book that I really want more of and can't wait for book 2. =]

7) by Claudia Gray
I really love the Titanic and adding werewolves into the mix made it ever more awesome. A really really good read and satisfied my love of Titanic. =]

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)8) by Cinda Williams Chima
Really awesome imaginative magical book. I loved the uniqueness of the world that Chima created. I really can't wait to read her other books.
9) by Michael Scott
All of the books in this series are magical historical and completely awesome reads. Scott weaves such an awesome story with such great detail and magic I couldn't wait to read each one as it came out. =]

10) by Pittacus Lore
I just finished this one and I read it so fast. Completely awesome. I love this story about aliens who basically have superpowers. I wish I was one of them. Really can't wait for the third book in this series. =]

All of these books were 5 Stars and completely awesome to me. This year was an awesome year of reading awesome books. I suggest all of you read them all. Link me up to your favorite books this year and I might get some new ideas to read some awesome books. =]

Thanks for Visiting and Happy Reading. =]

-Michael





21 comments:

  1. Oh, great list :D Love that you have Divergent on the top, as well (A) <3 And Across the Universe :D
    Thank you for commenting on my top ten. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Across the Universe awaiting me in my stack of library books in the next room. What am I waiting for?!

    I'm off to visit every blog with a Top Ten of 2011 list and add all the intriguing titles to my (already very lengthy) wishlist at Amazon. Thanks for your list! Here's my Top Ten Favorite Books I Read in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any books on your list but most of them are on my to-read list. I was't quite as successful in narrowing down my favourite books to only ten:) Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Across the Universe is on my favorites list, too, though from looking at others' lists it seems it's only my favorite YA read because I haven't gotten to Divergent yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Peregrine made my list, too! I need book 2 asap!
    My Top Ten Favorites

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices. I am gonna add to my already LONG tbr pile!! Come check mine too:

    Here is my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the list! I've read Across the Universe and Mess Peregrine and agree - they are so good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo! looks like you have excellent taste! I'll have to try some of your recs because I totally adored your top 4...I'll see if 5-10 is as great!

    Here's my Top Ten!
    http://unabridgedandralyn.blogspot.com/2011/12/december-27-top-ten-favorite-books-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL there's so many on there that I own and still have to read! (ie Divergent, Fateful, Across the Universe....) and about to buy Anna Dressed in Blood as well this afternoon!

    Great list!

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also read A Game of Thrones this year and really enjoyed it. I have Mss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children on my early reads for 2012 list...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Divergent tops my list for the year, because I think it's awesome. And I really should get around to reading Power of Six...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just picked up A Game of Thrones from my local library. I definitely want to read it before I see the TV series. It's been quite a while since I read anything like that so I'm looking forward to it. Glad to see it made your list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for stopping my blog! You have many good books I can't wait to read on your list! Sisters Red looks really good considering I have never read that before.I love fairytale retelling and wolves so yes count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will have to put Divergent and Across the Universe on my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree - it is so hard to make a best of list. Glad to see Fateful made the cut. I'll have to bump it up the list! I enjoyed Divergent and Across the Universe a lot too. Awesome choices overall.
    Hope 2012 is another great reading year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really need to start reading Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great list! I need to read the Power of Six! I own it but haven't read it yet. i loved I am number four, which is on my top ten!

    here is mine and you can also win a book of your choice from my top ten in my giveaway! http://www.christiesbookreviews.com/2011/12/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list. I just finished powering through season one of Game of Thrones. Now I think I better read the books!

    ~Nikki @ Imaginative Adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Man, I still haven't read Across the Universe. I really need to get to that since I'm almost certain I'll love it. Sisters Red, Miss Peregrine's, and The Lorien Legacy series are all on my TBR too. Hopefully soon...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for your comment on my blog! You've got a new follower too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so late hopping back... sorry! Christmas madness! I'm not surprised Divergent is as loved as it is- it's amazing. Night Circus is great, and I'm sure it would have made your list. I've read 4 of the books you listed, and completely agree with them.

    ReplyDelete