Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review #32: The Fox Inheritance by Mary E. Pearson

The Fox Inheritance


  • Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. an imprint of Macmillan 
  • Publication date: 8/30/2011
  • Pages: 304
  • Disclaimer: I won this ARC from Sash and Em's blog. =]

    Also this review contains spoilers from the Adoration of Jenna Fox but NOT the book itself. =]
    Synopsis:
    Once there were three. Three friends who loved each other—Jenna, Locke, and Kara. And after a terrible accident destroyed their bodies, their three minds were kept alive, spinning in a digital netherworld. Even in that disembodied nightmare, they were still together. At least at first. When Jenna disappeared, Locke and Kara had to go on without her. Decades passed, and then centuries.

    Two-hundred-and-sixty years later, they have been released at last. Given new, perfect bodies, Locke and Kara awaken to a world they know nothing about, where everyone they once knew and loved is long dead.

    Everyone except Jenna Fox.

    My Thoughts/Review:
    The Adoration of Jenna Fox was so good to begin with that I was so happy that this book was just as awesome if not better. The Fox Inheritance completely captured me and I was so engrossed into the story once I actually got invested into it. I won this one from a blog and I hadn't read the first one. So I had to read the first before I started this one. I started this one right away after I read The Adoration of Jenna Fox because this is series is just that good. I am so glad that I started this one right away. It was everything I thought it would be and more. 

    This book features Locke and Kara from the first book. They both have been woken up by a sketchy Doctor and must face a new world where they don't know anyone in it except for Jenna Fox. Locke and Kara are both such amazing and deep characters that were crafted in an amazing way by Mary E. Pearson. Her writing style is completely unique and really makes you think. All of the characters especially Dot, Locke and Miesha were likeable and relatable. I really related to Locke so much. I loved that this book was told in the male perspective. It really gave a whole new perspective that hasn't really been done all that often. This novel has suspense and adventure in a whole new world 260 years in the future. This book was intriguing and thought provoking and I loved every aspect of it. The Fox Inheritance really challenged what the meaning of friendship is and if it could really last over many many years.

     I wasn't expecting the ending at all. I was shocked at the outcomes and I loved the twists and turns the story went in. I understood that it had to go in that way but I really didn't think that was going to happen. You will know what I am talking about if you read the book. I wanted the ending to be better and perfect but sometimes in stories that can't happen. It ended in such a way that it could be left alone. But at the end in the acknowledgements Mary E. Pearson hints that their could possibly be a third book. I really hope their is a third book. I really want more. I want Locke's journey to continue. I really want more story.
    I know alot of people loved The Adoration of Jenna Fox and think it should have been left alone but I am not one of those people. I really loved that Mary E. Pearson made a sequel.


    Overall I give this book...
    Very Deep and Awesome Sequel from Pearson. =]
    5 out of 5 Stars
     
    If you read this book, Let me know in the comments what you thought of it and if you plan on reading it if you read The Adoration of Jenna Fox. =]
     
    Thanks for Visiting and Happy Reading. =]
     
    -Michael

    No comments:

    Post a Comment