Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Splintered by A.G. Howard

 
For those of you who don't know "Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose is to let others know which book you are anticipating and can't wait til it comes out to read it.
Splintered
Hardcover, 384 pages
Expected publication: January 1st 2013 by Amulet Books
 
Synopsis:
 
This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.
When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.
 
Why I am Waiting:
 
You had me at Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. A new take on this classic sounds completely amazing. I love when authors put a new spin on a story that is already well known. I really can not wait til this book comes out, which is very soon. Sounds awesome. =]
 
Link me up in the comments to your WoW pick. =]
 
 
Thanks for visiting and Happy Reading.
 
-Michael 

11 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! Seen this one on Netgalley but haven't requested it since I have wayyyy too much to read as it is! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the sound of this one. Added it to my TBB list.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for this to come out too!

    New follower via GFC! Please follow back :D
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my WoW for the week, too! I love Alice in Wonderland, I'm so excited :) New follower!

    Check out my WoW and New Year's Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fantastic. Great pick. Hope you get to read it soon.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I chose this a while back and I'm excited the release date is getting closer!

    New GFC follower. :]

    Stop by my wow.
    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I'm excited about this one too.

    If you get a chance, visit my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this a couple of weeks ago! It wasn't as good as I was expecting, but the writing is FANTASTIC. I hope you love it!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really looking forward to this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a sucker for a good Alice story. i can't wait for this one too.

    ReplyDelete