Saturday, December 29, 2012

Review: The Enchantress by Michael Scott

The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6)
The Enchantress by Michael Scott
Hardcover, 513 pages
Published May 22nd 2012 by Delacorte Press
 
Synopsis
 
The two that are one must become the one that is all. One to save the world, one to destroy it.

San Francisco:
Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel have one day left to live, and one job left to do. They must defend San Francisco. The monsters gathered on Alcatraz Island have been released and are heading toward the city. If they are not stopped, they will destroy everyone and everything in their path.

But even with the help of two of the greatest warriors from history and myth, will the Sorceress and the legendary Alchemyst be able to defend the city? Or is it the beginning of the end of the human race?

Danu Talis:
Sophie and Josh Newman traveled ten thousand years into the past to Danu Talis when they followed Dr. John Dee and Virginia Dare. And it’s on this legendary island that the battle for the world begins and ends.

Scathach, Prometheus, Palamedes, Shakespeare, Saint-Germain, and Joan of Arc are also on the island. And no one is sure what—or who—the twins will be fighting for.

Today the battle for Danu Talis will be won or lost.

But will the twins of legend stand together?

Or will they stand apart—one to save the world and one to destroy it?
 
My Thoughts/Review
 
Reading this book was so bitter sweet. I did not want it to end. I loved living in the world and being with the characters. It was like they were my friends and I didn't want to leave them. It was the last in the series and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I came upon this books series a few years ago, when a few of the books were already out, and I am so glad that I found it. All 6 books were absolutely fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone to read.
 
 I really got attached to all of the characters and loved the magic and the small nod to history that it had. Also the mythology was fantastic. I found myself having to look up who the characters were that related to history and myth. Josh and Sophie Newman got to go on a fantastic journey that only lasted about a week to them but will last forever in my heart and my imagination.
 
The ending was something that I could never have expected. I didn't even think of that as a possibility. I am not going to give away any spoilers just in case someone hasn't read it. That being said, I completely loved the ending and how it played into the ending of the series. What I can say is that it was right under my nose the whole time and I didn't even see it. I am glad it was a surprise ending for one of my all time favorite series now. I am so upset that it is over though. I do know that Michael Scott has a little bit more in store for this series. Also something that I didn't know till recently was that next year in 2013 a movie for the first book will be released and I am so excited for it. Overall, in my opinion, this series has everything that you wound want in a book series. It had suspense, magic, thrill, adventure, amazing characters with very intriguing backgrounds, and a story that will pull at you; heart and soul. If you haven't read this series yet, it is never to late to start, go read it because it will forever be one of my favorite series ever. =]
 
Overall, I give this book:
 
Amazing series filled with magic and dynamic characters that doesn't disappoint. =]
5 out of 5 Stars
Links to Check it Out:
Thanks for Visiting
and
Happy Reading. =]
 
-Michael

2 comments:

  1. I love this book series total :-) In Germany, the last volume of the book to ship in February on the market. But I'm looking forward to it. Your review has been really great and now I'm even more eager for the book.

    ReplyDelete