Friday, June 21, 2013

Follow Friday(41)

FF Hop

Follow Friday is a weekly blog hop event hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

 This week's Question is:

 
Q: Activity: Favorite Literary Quote

 

Here are a few of my favorite literary quotes:
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
 
“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
 
“Books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life.”
Christopher Paolini, Eragon
 
“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
 
“Harry - you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let go of him.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things - friendship and bravery and - oh Harry - be careful!”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
 
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone    
 
“Often the greatest act of courage is admitting that one has made a mistake...Follow your hearts. Protect one another, trust one another, because, at the end of the day, all of these people want something from you, or want you to do something for them, or be something that you are not. Your own responsibility is to one another.”
Michael Scott, The Necromancer
 
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”
C.S. Lewis
 
“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
Veronica Roth, Divergent
 
“Sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left, and laughing feels better right now.”
Veronica Roth, Divergent
 
“I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.”
Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire    
 
“We had to save you because you're the mockingjay, Katniss," says Plutarch. "While you live, the revolution lives.”
Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
 
“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.”
Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
 
Those are some of my favorite quotes. If you want more you can always check my Goodreads quote thing on the side of my blog.
 
 
P.S.
 
CAPTCHA: If you have CAPTCHA word verification enabled on your blog, please take it off. It makes it much more difficult for readers to comment. Please look at Alison's CAPTCHA Eradication Post to learn how to get rid of it.
 
 
Link me up to your Follow Friday's and I will be sure to follow you back. =]
 
 
Thanks for Visiting and Happy Friday =]
 
 
-Michael

6 comments:

  1. I like the Game of Thrones quotes. There are a lot of good quips. Love the C.S. Lewis quote. Thanks for sharing!

    New follower on gfc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these quotes!

    My FF:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes love harry potter. Jodie @ Aussie Bookworm
    have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That's a lot! Lots of good ones too!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a lot of great choices. The Harry Potter and Divergent are my faves. New GFC follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I def need books to keep my mind sharp, lol. And not just that but to entertain me. :) All the quotes you've chosen are excellent. My daughter also read The Hunger Games trilogy, and we like to go around saying "May the odds be ever in your favor." Haha! I wish a lot that certain moments would freeze so I could have them forever. Great quotes!

    Old follower by email (and GFC). :D

    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete