Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau

 
For those of you who don't know "Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose is to let others know which book you are anticipating and can't wait till it comes out to read it.
 
The Testing (The Testing, #1)
The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
Hardcover, 336 pages
Expected publication: June 4th 2013 by Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
 
 
add to goodreads
 
Synopsis:
 
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Isn’t that what they say? But how close is too close when they may be one in the same?

The Seven Stages War left much of the planet a charred wasteland. The future belongs to the next generation’s chosen few who must rebuild it. But to enter this elite group, candidates must first pass The Testing—their one chance at a college education and a rewarding career.

Cia Vale is honored to be chosen as a Testing candidate; eager to prove her worthiness as a University student and future leader of the United Commonwealth. But on the eve of her departure, her father’s advice hints at a darker side to her upcoming studies--trust no one.

But surely she can trust Tomas, her handsome childhood friend who offers an alliance? Tomas, who seems to care more about her with the passing of every grueling (and deadly) day of the Testing. To survive, Cia must choose: love without truth or life without trust.
 
 
Why I am Waiting:
 
I love dystopians and this one sounds completely awesome. I love stories with interesting premises and this one definitely has one. It reminds me of Divergent and I really loved that one. Can not wait for this one to come out so I can read it.
 
 
Let me know in the comments if you are excited for this one as well.
 
 
 
Link me up to your WoW picks in the comments this week. =]


Thanks for Visiting
 
 
and

Happy Reading. =]
 
 
 
-Michael

4 comments:

  1. I'm am exicted for this one, too. I got invited to read it on NetGalley, but couldn't send it to my Kindle, so I'm going to read it once it's been released. The premise does sound awesome! Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got invited to read this on Netgalley, and I downloaded it.. but I haven't read it. Eek. It may have gone away by now, lol. So many books, so little time!
    <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens
    Vixen's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book expires for me in a couple days but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. I'm going to have to acquire a finished copy soon D= Fun pick!

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!! Been seeing this one around the blogosphere lately. Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete