Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two(2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT paricipants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers. =]


My Teaser(I have two this week again):

“The beautiful thing is, music can be like a time machine. One song- the lyrics, the melody, the mood- can take you back to a moment in time like nothing else can.”
Lisa Schroeder, Chasing Brooklyn

“Life is so freaking hard. How do people do it? How do people get up every day and deal with the shit? It really makes you understand why there are so many messed-up people in the world. I mean, it's tough, trying to deal with demands coming at you from all sides.”
Lisa Schroeder, Chasing Brooklyn


Thanks for Visiting and Happy Reading. =]
-Michael

13 comments:

  1. Lovely teasers, nice contrast of the lyrical prose to the very honest dialogue of the second teaser.

    Thanks for visiting Read@UTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Teasers! I love the one about music - it's so true...

    Here's mine this week:
    http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-desert-of-souls_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed both your teasers, but the one about music really spoke to me. Thanks for posting it.
    My Teaser is from The Warden's Lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh awesome teasers! Haven't heard of this one but hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I really enjoyed both your teaser. :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two interesting teasers.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Lisa Schroeder's books and this one is probably my favorite out of the ones I have read. Enjoy!

    Reading Lark's Teasers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers! The first has so much truth :) Here's mine: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/05/29/teaser-tuesday-19/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two very interesting teaser! Both are very very much true!!

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teasers! The second one is so true, right?!

    Thanks for stopping by.
    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful teasers! Sometimes I ask myself the same thing as the second one.

    ReplyDelete