Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Archived by Victoria Schwab


For those of you who don't know "Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose is to let others know which book you are anticipating and can't wait til it comes out to read it.

The Archived (The Archived, #1)
Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
Publication date: 1/22/2013
Pages: 336

Synopsis:
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.

Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous—it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption.

Why I am Waiting:
Because Victoria Schwab totally rocks. Just read The Near Witch and I loved everything about it. Plus the premise of her new book sounds absoulutely amazing. I mean the dead resting on shelves like books. You had me from the first line. Really can't wait to read it and so hope I get an ARC of it or get to read it on NetGalley. =]

Link me up in the comments to your WoW pick. =]
Thanks for visiting and Happy Reading.
-Michael

10 comments:

  1. I have yet to read The Near Witch -- soon hopefully -- but I am pretty sure I'll love it and Victoria Schwab seems so damn cool. The Archived sounds to interesting so I will definitely pick it up when it's released!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Near Witch, but I'm reaaaally looking forward to The Archived! I'm really sad it doesn't come out until January. :( Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I saw this one a few weeks ago and I immediately added it on my to-read list. I can't wait for it to come out. It sounds incredible. Great pick.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice pick! I haven't heard of this book before now.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1st-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that does look interesting! Haven't read this author before! Hope you can snag an ARC somehow!

    Here's My WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Archived was my pick this week too :)

    Sarah
    That Bookish Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I haven't read any of Victoria's novels yet. This one sounds really good though! I'm going to have to pick it up next year. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I loved 'The Near Witch' so I can't wait to read another work from her ^^

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-17-kit-grindstaff.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great cover, enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so good! I love the cover for it. I'm really looking forward to it :)

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete