Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My TBR List For Winter


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They  love to share lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see others top ten lists!

Winter is definitely coming upon us and the Holiday's have arrived. I have so many books that I want to read let alone just for the winter. I can't wait to dive into my tbr list and actually read a ton of books this winter. =] Here are a few that I want to get read.

1)  by Christopher Paolini.I really can not wait to dive into this one. It is the ending of one of my favorite series. I can't wait to get into the adventure again and see what happens. It should take me a long time to read which is what winter is for.

2)  by George R.R. Martin. Once again this is a long one and perfect for winter. I can't wait to read this one as well. I read the first one and it was so good. The HBO show was amazing and I can't wait till season 2. And I need to read the second book so I can get ready for the HBO show.

3)  by Tahereh Mafi. This book has such great hype surrounding. I totally want to read it very soon. It sounds just like my type of book.

4)  by Michael Scott. I have had this book on my shelf for a long time and I really want to get to it this winter to read. I really want to find out what happens. This series is so good I can't wait.

5)  by Jackson Pearce. I really need to get to this book this winter too. I have been really wanting to read it and haven't gotten to it. I love fairytale retellings and I want to see how she retells the story.

6)  by Victoria Schwab. This is another one I really need to read. Victoria is such an awesome person that I really want to read her debut book. I hate that I haven't gotten to it yet. It sounds so good.

7)  I really want to read this to find out what happens and how it progresses. I loved this series from the moment I read about it and learned what it was about. Aliens with powers is such an awesome premise. I can't wait to read it.

8)  by Cassandra Clare. Everyone has practically read this series. I need to get on the bandwagon and read it myself. I really need to and want to read it this winter.
9)  by Aimee Carter. I won this book and I really want to read it this winter especially because it has mythology in it.

10)  by Rick Riordan. I want to complete this series so badly. I love this series so much I really need to finish it and I can't wait to. I am going to make it my goal this winter to finish this series.


I have a ton of books to read this winter. Let me know if you agree with my list or if you have a completely different one. Link me up to your list in the comments. =]

Thanks for visiting and Happy Reading.

-Michael









23 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of A Clash of Kings! I got to hurry so I can watch the show when it comes back on HBO!!!

    LOVE the Percy Jackson series! After you finish The Last Olympian, grab The Lost Hero and The son of Neptune; both are part of The heroes of Olympus series which continues Percy's story!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog; love you list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited for Shatter Me! And The Goddess Test! I forgot that one too! Good list!

    - Jana @ http://thatartsyreadergirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shatter Me is SO good! And I promise: the Mortal Instuments bandwagon is a really good bandwagon to hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! I am def joining you on the Mortal Instruments band wagon. The Percy Jackson books are fantastic! I love them. I have the new spin off series on my 2012 TBR challenge list, so we have another TBR author in common. I'd like to read the I am #4 series. I saw the movie and really liked it, so maybe one day when I'll get to this series as well. So many books so little time.

    New follower BTW. =)

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance
    Books, Shopping & Rock N' Roll

    ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Percy Jackson series is awesome!

    I'd really like to read The Near Witch too. I've heard really great things about it.

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get hold of the George RR Martin books too...
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesdays post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am currently listening to Shatter Me and it is blowing me away. What a fantastically intense read. Also hope to read Sweetly soon as I love retellings and Pearce has an amazing way with them. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read Power of Six! Shatter Me is definitely as must read. Read City of Bones ASAP! totally love the series :)

    Totally love your list!

    Here's my Top Ten List
    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh excellent choices! I've read Clash of Kings and The Mortal Instrument Series - loved them and hope you do too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inheritance tops my list this week as well - I really want to savor it when I read it. And I can't believe I forgot about Power of Six!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when I come across a guy book blogger! You are such a rarity! I love to read reviews from a guy's POV and those are few and far between! That said, I am a new follower and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

    I found The Power of Six so disappointing compared to I Am Number Four, which I loved. Sweetly, however, was awesome! I adore Jackson Pearce so much! She makes me laugh so hard! Shatter Me is supposed to be amazing! I'm reading that very soon! Enjoy your books!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by. Shatter Me, Sweetly, and The Near Witch are all phenomenal books! I loved all 3 of them. I will wish you luck with your reading list. May we both meet our goals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks so much for stopping by our blog! I really want to read Shatter Me and The Near Witch as well! great list!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Rick Riordan! The Goddess Test was really good, I can't wait for the sequel (Goddess Interrupted---yipes another for my list)!
    Thanks for visiting my list!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shatter Me is amazing! You really need to read it soon! Love your list!
    Em
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  16. SHATTER ME IS AMAZIIIIING!! Really loved The Goddess Test too. AND YES! READ CITY OF BONES ALREADY! :) I also need to read Sweetly and Power of Six soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're not the only one who hasn't read City of Bones. I've been wanting to, but it just hasn't happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo, you have some great stuff on your list. I really liked City of Bones, even though I was kind of tired of paranormal when I started that series (so that's saying a lot!). And, like you, I want to begin George R.R. Martin's series as well.

    Adela@ The Book Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your list looks great. I am definitely going to look up #5 and #9.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved both Shatter Me and The Near Witch so I hope you get to both of those shortly. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have an awesome list! My boyfriend read Inheritance and said it was amazing, probably the best of the series. I am reading Shatter Me now and it's really good, The Goddess Test was a good one too. And never fear City of Bones it STILL in my TBR pile Lol. As well as all the books in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series, although the boyfriend has read most of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I forgot about Shatter Me! Oh, no! I'm definitely planning on reading it soon. You should for sure read City of Bones and The Last Olympian. They're both FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Near Witch is one you want to read sooner rather than later, it's quite the read :)

    ReplyDelete