Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful for...Harry Potter



This week Beth Revis, one of my all time favorite authors, is running a humongous contest giving away 19 books and swag. Basically in honor of Thanksgiving coming up you have to let everyone know what book you are thankful for the most. Here is a Link to the Contest if anyone else wants to do this. =]

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

This book completely changed my life. I am sure other people are going to say Harry Potter because it has impacted so many people but this book really got me into reading and I am so very thankful for it. Without Harry Potter, I really don't think I would be as into reading as I am today. I wouldn't have started this blog and I wouldn't have entered completely different magical worlds in books without it.

My mom actually read this book to me in bed before I went to sleep at night. Eventually that led me to reading the other books in the series on my own. This series helped me be able to explore and dive into the pages and worlds of other magical books. I am so grateful for Harry Potter. =]

I always wished that my letter to Hogwarts(and still do today) would come in the mail letting me know that I was excepted to such a prestigious magical school and that I was a wizard. I love all the lessons that the characters learned throughout this series. That friendship is the most important in the end and that good will always triumph over evil. =]

Thank you Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling for impacting my life for the better. =]

If you did one of these posts, please in the comments Link me to them. I would really love to see what other books people are thankful for. =]

Happy Reading

-Michael





3 comments:

  1. I love that your mom read it out loud to you. That is so sweet! Yay for HP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, reading it to kids before bed! How did that NOT cross my mind? Want to do that when I have kids of my own some time. And I just started HP, and appreciated the wonder of it ;)

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are my three posts about three favorite books:
    http://kathyhs87.blogspot.com/2011/05/life-after-hogwarts-or-why-i-love-harry.html
    http://kathyhs87.blogspot.com/2011/05/there-are-other-worlds-than-these-or.html
    http://kathyhs87.blogspot.com/2011/07/stay-alive-or-why-i-love-hunger-games.html

    ReplyDelete