Saturday, November 26, 2011

Review #29: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series #6)




  • Pub. Date: November 2011
  • Publisher: Abrams, Harry N., Inc.
  • Format: Hardcover , 224pp


  • Synopsis:
    Greg Heffley is in big trouble. School property has been damaged, and Greg is the prime suspect. But the crazy thing is, he’s innocent. Or at least sort of.
    The authorities are closing in, but when a surprise blizzard hits, the Heffley family is trapped indoors. Greg knows that when the snow melts he’s going to have to face the music, but could any punishment be worse than being stuck inside with your family for the holidays?


    My Thoughts/Review:
    Another great middle-grade kids book by Jeff Kinney. You don't have to be a kid to enjoy these awesome books. They are drawn in such an amazing way and are really very funny. I laughed out loud a bunch of times. Some of the humour in these books are so good that it really catches you off guard and you can't help but to laugh. 

    All of the books in the series are really clever and is such a unique idea for a successful series. I love that it is essentially a diary written and drawn by a kid. It really makes kids relate to what Greg is going through. This time around Greg gets into some trouble and then a big freak snow storm happens that interrupts what might happen to him. It was such a great read.

    Jeff Kinney is such a clever drawer and writer. All of these books have been awesome especially for kids. This series has made children really love reading. I suggest this book to everyone who has kids. It is a great platform to get them interested in reading. Every kid should read these books.


    Overall I give this book...

    5 out of 5 Stars
    Such a laugh out loud, unique book. Like always. =]
    Links to Check it Out:
    Thanks for visiting and Happy Reading.
    -Michael

    4 comments:

    1. I remember when I was in the sixth grade, everyone was reading the first book, but I never did, claiming it was too childish. :P But I'm thinking I should pick it up now, haha. Never too late, right?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid books always make me laugh! Great review!

      Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

      ReplyDelete
    3. I really need to get the first book in this series to start reading with my son! I think we will BOTH enjoy them!!! :) (is there anything too inappropriate for an 8 yr old?)
      Thanks for the great review! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. I barely got to catalog this before both copies were checked out, with multiple holds placed. My students devour this series - it's candy for their brains!

      ReplyDelete