Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Haven by Carol Lynch Williams

 
For those of you who don't know "Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose is to let others know which book you are anticipating and can't wait till it comes out to read it.
The Haven
The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams
 Hardcover, 224 pages
Expected publication: April 9th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin
add to goodreads
Synopsis:
 
For the teens at The Haven, the outside world, just beyond the towering stone wall that surrounds the premises, is a dangerous unknown. It has always been this way, ever since the hospital was established in the year 2020. But The Haven is more than just a hospital; it is their home. It is all they know. Everything is strictly monitored: education, exercise, food, and rest. The rules must be followed to keep the children healthy, to help control the Disease that has cast them as Terminals, the Disease that claims limbs and lungs—and memories.

But Shiloh is different; she remembers everything. Gideon is different, too. He dreams of a cure, of rebellion against the status quo. What if everything they’ve been told is a lie? What if The Haven is not the safe place it claims to be? And what will happen if Shiloh starts asking dangerous questions?
 
Why I am Waiting:
Sign me up for anything with teens that is a dystopian where they have to go against society. This one sound extremely awesome with a weird hospital that might not be the safe place it claims to be. Sound very intriguing and I can't wait to read it. =]
 
Link me up to your WoW picks in the comments this week. =]
 
 
Thanks for Visiting
 
and
 
Happy Reading. =]
-Michael

5 comments:

  1. I kept trying to remember where I had heard this author's name before and then I remembered that she's the author of Glimpse and Waiting. This sounds so, so awesome. And I love how the dimensions of the cover make the wall so daunting and her so small!

    Ellen @ Elle-Osophy
    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Seeing this one around a lot lately! Looks very intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already have this one on my to-read list and I'm really excited about it. I can't wait to finally get the chance to read it. Great pick and I hope you enjoy reading it!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my WoW last week! I am so excited. I can't wait to read it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this one, this sounds fantastic. Great pick!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete