Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Twelve(The Passage #2) by Justin Cronin

 
For those of you who don't know "Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose is to let others know which book you are anticipating and can't wait til it comes out to read it.
 
 

Hardcover, 705 pages
Expected publication: October 16th 2012 by Ballantine Books
 
Synopsis:
 
The end of the world was only the beginning.
In his internationally bestselling and critically acclaimed novel The Passage, Justin Cronin constructed an unforgettable world transformed by a government experiment gone horribly wrong. Now the scope widens and the intensity deepens as the epic story surges forward with . . .

THE TWELVE

In the present day, as the man-made apocalypse unfolds, three strangers navigate the chaos. Lila, a doctor and an expectant mother, is so shattered by the spread of violence and infection that she continues to plan for her child’s arrival even as society dissolves around her. Kittridge, known to the world as “Last Stand in Denver,” has been forced to flee his stronghold and is now on the road, dodging the infected, armed but alone and well aware that a tank of gas will get him only so far. April is a teenager fighting to guide her little brother safely through a landscape of death and ruin. These three will learn that they have not been fully abandoned—and that in connection lies hope, even on the darkest of nights.

One hundred years in the future, Amy and the others fight on for humankind’s salvation . . . unaware that the rules have changed. The enemy has evolved, and a dark new order has arisen with a vision of the future infinitely more horrifying than man’s extinction. If the Twelve are to fall, one of those united to vanquish them will have to pay the ultimate price.

A heart-stopping thriller rendered with masterful literary skill, The Twelve is a grand and gripping tale of sacrifice and survival.
 
Why I am Waiting:
 
I read The Passage about the time when it came out and I have been waiting just about forever for the sequel to come out. Ugh It has been a very long wait, more than 2 years waiting for this book. So now the waiting is almost over and I really can't wait to find out what happens. To tell you the truth is has been so long that I sort of don't remember what happened in the first one. I might have to do reread. lol. =]
 
 

Link me up in the comments to your WoW pick. =]
 
Thanks for visiting and Happy Reading.
 
-Michael


 


8 comments:

  1. I have the Passage here to read, but haven't had a chance yet. This looks like a great sequel.

    Thanks for stopping by. =)

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is annoying when you can't remember what happen but I always taken the joy to read it again.
    Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate over long waits too! I am still waiting on one book, it's been a year already and 2013 does not look promising for the next one. And another book I read as an arc and it supposedly has a sequel but the date keeps changing from 12 to 13 to 14.

    Reading the book does tend to bring some memory back though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds great! it's quite the wait.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm worried I don't remember enough of The Passage either. I would love to do a reread, but I read too slow. :) I can't wait to get my copy of The Twelve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this book or its predecessor so thank you for bringing my attention to it and dang is that ever a wait! If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently got my copy from The passage :D So I better get started.

    WoW @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this series. But it sounds really good. Great pick...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete