Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday.

 
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.
 
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
 
Share two(2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT paricipants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers. =]
 
Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings, #2)

Hardcover, 310 pages
Published August 23rd 2011 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
 
Here are are my two teasers this week(sorry second one is a little long =]):
 
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness" -Pg 42, Sweetly
 
 
"I don't want to wait for the wolves to come after me or anyone else in Live Oak," I say, casting my gaze to the ground nervously. The rainstorm stops, the sun shooting out from behind dark clouds. "And I don't want  to just protect myself while other girls get chased and killed."
 
"What are you saying?" Samuel asks, folding his arms, eyes cutting into me.
 
"I want to go out after them. Like you do."
 
"You want to...go hunting?" Samuel asks, eyes widening.
 
"Yes."
 
"And you think charing into the Fenris-infested forest is a good idea?" Samuel says.
 
"I'm tired of waiting to be some monster's prey, Samuel. I want to be the one doing the hunting."
 
Samuel exales hard and shakes his head. "I'll think about it. But for what it's worth, I think it's a stupid idea."
 
"I know." I say. "But I have to." -Pg. 202, Sweetly
 
 
Thanks for visiting my Teaser Tuesday this weeek.
 
Hope you enjoyed it. Link me up to your teasers in the comments below.
Happy Reading.
 
-Michael


8 comments:

  1. Creepy cover. I'm not sure I agree that there's always some reason in madness, but I'd read the book to find out why the author wrote that! Good teaser.
    My Teaser is from A COLLIE RESCUE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers! I adore the cover for Sweetly and really need to read my copy.

    My teaser is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good teaser, but I sure wouldn't be going after those wolves.
    Here's ours, one fantasy, one non-fiction: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/09/tuesday-teasers-one-fiction-one-non.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teases! Always hear mixed things about this author, haven't read any of the books although they do intrigue me since I love fairy tales!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing cover,good teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a cover that pulls you in. :)

    Here is my teaser from MURDER TAKES TIME by Giacomo Giammatteo. It was GOOD...just finished it yesterday.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesday-925.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover! I'm adding it to my growing list. here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesday-92512.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! That cover is super creepy!

    Here is my TT

    ReplyDelete