Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: The Dragon and the Crow by T.B. McKenzie

The Dragon and the Crow
Publisher: Dragonfall Press
Pub. Date: December 2011
Pages: 311
Ebook received by author for a fair and honest review. =]
 
Synopsis:
 
A great power is rising in Arkadia; an uprising of dark magick led by a Witch who wants nothing less than chaos, terror and the King’s head on a stake. She believes in a prophecy — an ancient rhyme about a child unique within the lands; a child destined to bring back the stars and end the King’s rule forever. A child who cannot do magick at all.
 
My Thoughts/Review:

This was a really awesome read. I mean could you imagine if you lived in a society where everyone had magical powers and you were the only one that couldn't practice it. I would be so heartbroken and would completely be devastated. This was the premise that got me hooked into this story. In my opinion it is kind of like Harry Potter but completely opposite.


This story, from start to finish, was blended and weaved in such a way that it got me thinking a lot about it throughout my day. It changed from seen to seen to become a different book that at the turn of each page became better and better. The more this story went along the more I liked it. I really liked the main character, Brin. He is someone you really wanted to root for, a real underdog. He goes on an adventure of a life time to try and get what he has always wanted, which is obviously to become magical. Who wouldn't want to become magical when everyone else in society has the ability to.
 
 Many different things happen in this one book. None of the characters are really trust worthy and it is hard to pick a side. I loved the major twists that happen and I really can't wait to read book 2. The one thing I didn't like about this book was that it was really long for me and some parts were uneccesary. Some parts of the book could have been shortened to get to the point. I did like some of the major aspects of this book but the inbetween parts weren't all that much need. Another thing I really did like though was the character development. It was like McKenzie took much detail and pains to portray each character and there background. I could see there personalities and lives coming alive on the page. The depth of the story and the characters was just right to picture the world and the people living in it.  If you love a good magic, powerstruggle, underdog of a story, I definitely suggest you pick up and read this book. Read the synopsis and if you like it definitely try out this book. =]




Overall, I give this book:
 
=]
4 out of 5 Stars
Links to Check it Out:
 
 
 

 
 
Thanks for Visiting
 
and
 
Happy Reading. =]
-Michael


1 comment:

  1. sounds awesome . i would be devastated to . gr8 review

    ReplyDelete