Saturday, September 24, 2011

Review #22: The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

The Day Before



  • Pub. Date: June 2011
  • Publisher: Simon Pulse
  • Format: Hardcover , 320pp



  • Synopsis
    Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.
    Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.
    The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him. And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.

    My Thoughts/Review
           I really liked this book. I am really beginning to love reading books in verse because they just turn out to be so good. Lisa Schroeder is such an amazing author. She writes such great stories and she does it by picking the right words to be able to tell them perfectly. This book is about two teenagers going through so rough times in there lives where the have big decisions to make that will affect there lives forever.
           Everyone at some point in there life has to make a tough decision. That is why I think this book can relate to everyone. You have to be able to live life and face what comes at you. You can't back down and run away. In this book you discover if Cade and Amber can face what life has thrown at them. I loved both the characters in the book. Its like these two were meant to find each other on their day befores. They really helped each all through out this one day and the love that they find in each other is really special.
          If you have never read a verse book before I definitely suggest you go check one out. They are all really powerful fast reads that are so amazing, at least the ones that I have read were. Lisa Schroeder is a brillant writer and I can't wait to get my hands on her other books. This book is really great for everyone of all ages. I really suggest  you go check it out and read it. =] If anyone can give me anymore great selections on verse books please leave them in the comments for me. Thank you. =]

    Overall I give this book...
    5 out of 5 Stars

    Links to Check it out:
    Goodreads
    Amazon
    Barnes and Noble
    Website

    Till next time,

    Happy Reading and Thanks for Visiting. =]

    Michael/Bookshelf Reviewer

    1 comment:

    1. This one's in verse? I didn't know that. Good to know! I feel those flow a lot quicker (well, that's one of the purposes isn't it? haha). The synopsis intrigued me and the fact that you liked it makes me add it to my tbr list. Thanks & glad you enjoyed it. Ahh I love that cover!

      ReplyDelete