"For about the thousandth time, Roy reread the rules he had hastily written after arriving at Ann's house on that fateful day.
1. The TST must be in contact with your skin in order for it to work.
2. When you are in a time slice other than your own: you can see everyone/everything else, but only creatures touching a TST can also see you; creatures not touching a TST will appear dimmer than those touching a TST.
3. If you lose contact with the TST while in a different time slice, you immediately return to your home time slice.
4. If you drop the device, you return home, and the device stays behind!!
5. You are physically in the other time slice, even if other creatures can't see you. This means you disappear from your home time slice when you travel.
6. Anything you are touching or carrying when you travel goes with you.
7. IMPORTANT!!!!!!!! You can only travel to a different time slice for a limited time. Too long a time in a different slice can mess with your cells, causing "problems" Not Good!!!!!"